At Harmony Taekwon-Do we follow the International Taekwon-Do Federation curriculum. Our program is designed to allow each individual to work at their own pace. We understand that many people have very busy lives and can only dedicate limited time to their training.
Students are issued a training manual for their appropriate belt level. There are minimum requirements that have to be met prior to a student being eligible to test for their next belt level. These are:
- minimum number of classes attended
- Pretest components that must be met and signed off by the testing instructor
- Must meet ITF minimum standards
- Must attend designated courses to be eligible to test (Black belts only)
We have programs for:
- Tiny Tigers – 4-6 year olds
- Kids – 6-12 years old
- Youth/Adult – 13+
- Creaking Warriors – for the elderly, people who aren’t fit enough to start in the regular Youth/Adult class or people who have a physical limitation but still want to train in Taekwon-Do.
It didn’t take long before I realized that I would eventually want to open a club of my own. Harmony Taekwon-Do was a dream of mine for many years. I had to achieve Black Belt to get started and work under the tutelage of a senior instructor. Luckily Mr Kurt Ottesen (at that time, now Master Ottesen) was willing to take me on as a pupal. Master Ottesen has been instrumental in my progress as a martial artist and instructor.
Harmony Taekwon-Do has been in operation for over 10 years. It’s been a wonderful journey with excellent students, friends, parents, fellow instructors and Masters. I am forever grateful to all.
Mr Fred Hudson
Mr Fred Hudson, IV Dan
International Taekwon-Do Federation
Head Instructor and testing instructor for Harmony Taekwon-Do